Thursday, February 19, 2009

Driving Miss Crazy

"You're such a mess" he laughed. He had rested his right hand comfortably on my knee, while he was driving.

"I so am not! I just get sick a lot" I instantly switched to defensive mode.

"You get sick because you let yourself get sick. You need to stay on the positive side. Think healthy thoughts."

"I am trying, I really am. Believe me, I am a positive, happy person. I just don't believe in all those things you believe. The most I can do is not consider them impossible."

"You're a hater." He chuckled again. The Irishman just loves pressing my buttons.

"I'm not a hater!" I almost stomped my foot. Like a 5 year old girl who didn't get the doll she wanted. "See, things are clear for you. You know what you want from life. Your dreams are well defined and you do everything to achieve them. It's almost systematic. And I haven't quite figured that part out yet. I won't find it in any of those books you read. I need to find it on my own."

"That sounds lonely." His sunny blue eyes met mine for a moment. He is an old soul, that one.

"That's the only way I know."

"Well, I think I can change that." He smiled at me with that cocky, devilish smile of his. Then he reached out and started switching between the radio stations, searching for the next U2 song.

2 comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics